About TTA & Pune University Affiliation
It is for the B.Sc. in Fashion Designing that TTA has earned Savitribai Phule Pune University’s affiliation. The institute is extremely happy with, and excited and positive on this affiliation. Through this affiliation, it looks forward to making a difference to the fashion industry, by delivering extremely talented, creative, and innovative fashion professionals with the ability to take the industry to a whole new level.
The B.Sc. in fashion designing is a highly focused full-time professional training programme that, within its 3 years of extensive theoretical and practical training, takes students through various vital fashion designing concepts including the fundamentals of fashion design, draping, fashion technology, fashion styling, textile and fabrics, and many others. The course focuses on developing comprehensive fashion professionals, and hence, is projected to bring out exceptional results in the years to come.
About Savitribai Phule Pune University
Savitribai Phule Pune University is something that doesn’t require an introduction. Often referred to as the Oxford of the East, Pune University, for a very long time, has been one of the leading centers for research and teaching in India.
- Savitribai Phule Pune University established on 10th February 1949 under the Pune University Act.
- It is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and awarded A+ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- It was ranked 601-800 in the world as well as 188 in Asia.
- Savitribai Phule Pune University is ranked 7th among universities in India.
- More than 70 research institutions have been recognized by the Savitribai Phule Pune University for research.
A Partnership between City of Oxford College and Times and Trends Academy
About Collaboration :
Times and Trends Academy (TTA) has collaborated with City of Oxford College to offer an opportunity that very rare institutes have been able to offer. Students from TTA will be able to choose and study a vocational course from City of Oxford College. Students will hold a Dual Specialization after choosing to pursue a course from City of Oxford College, United Kingdom.
About City of Oxford College :
City of Oxford College is the international brand of Activate Learning, and builds on its own successes of over 60 years of vocational education in Oxford. The Oxford-based group delivers career-focused learning.
City of Oxford College trains students in secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeships and workforce skills with the clear purpose to transform lives through learning, and set a clear line of sight to employment. The reputation is founded on the ability to deliver highly employable people, well-prepared for success in the working environment. This is done by applying the unique Activate Learning’s Philosophy and Practice of Extensive Engagement of industry partners at all stages in the design and delivery of skills development.
B.Sc in Fashion Designing
Savitribai Phule Pune University
B.Sc in Fashion Designing
Times and Trends Academy
Meet Our Chief Mentor
Chandrakant Sonawane hails from a humble background. As a student, he was talented and bright, his inner passion was inclined towards fashion. But, not many would afford to choose fashion designing as a career option back then. But, he made his move. After his course and mentoring from Mr. Amit Agrawal, he entered Bollywood. Impressed by his skills, Sanjay Leela Bhansali took him on board as a costume designer for Ramleela. His next movie Bajirao Mastani won several accolades. And then he became the lead costume designer.
- Mr Chandrakant Sonawane who has designed costumes for commercial Bollywood films such as “Housefull 4” (2019), “PM Narendra Modi” (2019), “Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela” (2013), “Bajirao Mastani” (2015), “Padmaavat” (2018), Bucket List, Bhoomi, Oli Ki Suki.’ will be conducting this course.
- It will be an intriguing experience for students to learn from an established Costume designer. He has exclusively developed this course with the help of Times & Trends Academy in order to acquire fresh talent and place them in the Industry.
- Along with him, we also have eminent Professionals like Manasi Attarde, Abhyangh Kuvalekar to guide students and help them get placed.